California Genealogical Society: Blog

Recent Posts

17 October 2008

Tagged Twice by the Five and Dime

Randy Seaver started this meme among the genea-blogger community. I was tagged today by two blogging friends who I have had the pleasure of meeting in person: Schelly Talalay Dardashti Tagged: Fives and Tens of Tracing the Tribe: The Jewish Genealogy Blog and Maureen Taylor Tag I'm It! An Online Game of Family Tree Magazine's Photo Detective Blog. I don't usually participate in memes but I'll just consider this a continuation of Terry Thornton's Getting to Know Me Challenge.

Ten years ago I was:

1. planning a trip to Puerto Vallarta with 20 of my husband's closest friends to celebrate his 50th birthday.

2. the mother of two in elementary school which meant soccer games every Saturday and a lot of carpooling the rest of the week.

3. in a Greek folk dance group with some other moms.

4. giving disaster preparedness presentations to local neighborhood groups.

5. just on the cusp of serious genealogy research after several years of collecting family information.

Five things on today's "to-do" list:

1. Order a copy of Ordnance Survey Memoirs of Ireland, Vol. 20: Co. Tyrone II, 1825, 1833-35, 1840 from the Ulster Historical Foundation. (done)

2. Organize materials obtained from the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland. (made a dent)

3. Upload and tag photographs from Ireland trip. (done)

4. Clean off my desk (looks better).

5. Work on the CGS Branding project. (tomorrow)

Five snacks I enjoy [the healthy version]:

1. Edamame
2. Blueberries
3. Apple slices
4. Hummus on baby carrots
5. Tzatziki on whole wheat pita

Five places I have lived:

1. Western Pennsylvania
2. Downriver Detroit suburb
3. Ann Arbor (Go Blue! - okay, I'm still saying it but seriously - Toledo? In the Big House?)
4. San Francisco
5. East Bay

Five jobs I have had:

1. Clerk in the corner drugstore - applied at age 4; hired at age 16
2. Cashier/hostess in hotel restaurants - college
3. Retail and hospital staff pharmacist
4. Supervisor, Inpatient pharmacy services
5. Mom (the toughest, by far!)

Schelly included two more categories:

Five places to visit again:

1. Northern Ireland
2. Tzintsina, Greece
3. Sendai, Japan
4. Paris
5. Florence

Five places I want to visit for the first time:

1. Northumberland Co., England
2. Smyrni/Izmir, Turkey
3. Costa Rica
4. Venice
5. Hong Kong

This meme has been passed to many already so I'm tagging some international genea-bloggers:

1. England: Kate Gilby – Kate's Family Tree
2. Ireland: Rachel Murphy – Irish Family History Blog
3. Sweden: Anna-Karin Schander - Anna-Karin's Genealogical Blog
4. The Netherlands: Henk van Kampen – Trace Your Dutch Roots
5. Australia: Carol Riley – Genealogy in New South Wales

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag, just posted mine. I liked #1 in your jobs list - nice to see you started planning your career early :-)

Kathryn Doyle said...

Yes, I really wanted to work behind the soda fountain counter which was our special "go-to" place after church every Sunday. Alas, they closed the counter just after I started to work at the pharmacy.

Judith Richards Shubert said...

So glad you participated in this "tag"! You are a very talented and busy lady. By the way, did I thank you for following my blog, Genealogy Traces? Thanks.

Kathryn Doyle said...

Judith,
It has been so much fun meeting so many interesting people through the Genea-Bloggers group on Facebook. Thank YOU for joining the California Genealogical Society and Library page on FB!