California Genealogical Society: Blog

Recent Posts

14 March 2009

A Mini-Bloggers' Summit at CGS

Sheri challenged me to get this up right away and Cheryl said I could hint at her secret so I'm putting up this quick post to share the photo of our mini-summit this afternoon at the California Genealogical Society March Membership Meeting.


Jennifer Regan, Cheryl Palmer, Sheri Fenley and Kathryn Doyle.

Jennifer Jones Regan of Rainy Day Genealogy Readings and Graveyard Rabbit of Contra Costa County; Cheryl Palmer of Heritage Happens and Graveyard Rabbit of South Alameda County and Sheri Beffort Fenley of The Educated Genealogist and The Educated Graveyard Rabbit are three busy blogging ladies! (And they are a lot of FUN.)

Cheryl changed her plans to come to the meeting to hear Frances Dinkelspiel talk about her book Towers of Gold. Sheri brought her sister-in-law who is a Hellman Heller and is related to Frances. Jenn was wearing her green and chose the meeting over the St. Patrick's Day Parade in San Francisco.

Just so you know that the society is "equal-opportunity" - CGS does have two male bloggers who weren't at the meeting today. Steve Danko is in Houston attending the Family Tree DNA Conference on Genetic Genealogy and Craig Manson of GeneaBlogie has not made it to a CGS meeting since he joined the society last year.

Are there any other CGS members out there who are blogging genealogy?

Photograph by Tim Cox, 3/14/2009, Oakland, California.

11 comments:

Craig Manson said...

Wish I could have made it! But Fresno needed help!
I will come sometime this year--promise!

my Heritage Happens said...

Sorry I didn't get to meet you Craig! But there will be another time! It would be great to get a picture with you and Steve included!
AKA-Cheryl

Randy Seaver said...

Fantastic - "Best Of" material. Just on principle. Mine. Promote bloggers!

I'm sorry I missed it. We're up to 4 San Diego genea-bloggers, but one iso ut to sea right now.

footnoteMaven said...

Wish I could have been there, you all look as if you're having a great time.

A wonderful photo!

-fM

Sheri Fenley said...

Kathryn,

You Cool, Cool, Kitty! I had a blast today. My SIL said we looked like the 4 Genea-teers. By the way she is a HELLER not a Hellman, Isaias Hellman's daughter Clara married Emanuel Heller who is SIL's family.

We just have to get together again soon. My head is spinning with thoughts of all the trouble we can get ourselves into!

M. Diane Rogers said...

You do look a fun group! I just knew you were!

Kathryn Doyle said...

Wow! Thanks, Randy - we made the "Best Of" just for having fun!

I have to say that all these Facebook friendships and virtual blogging connections are still not the same as a good flesh-and-blood hug but they make it possible to meet an old friend for the first time.

Missed you, Craig but so glad I will see you again at Jamboree. I'm hoping that Sheri and Cheryl and Jenn will meet us there this year.

fM and Diane - when will you be visiting California?

Barbara Poole said...

Cheryl,
What a nice group of people you have met. I know you are in good hands. Genealogy has taken you far. So glad you shared your identity, I kept waiting for a slip-up after all these months, and you kept right on track. Great photo of all of you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathryn,

A great pix. Hope to see everyone at Jamboree.

Schelly

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed that meeting -- had an equine appointment that couldn't be moved!

Steve Danko said...

I wish I could have been there! From the photo it looks like the four of you had a lot of fun. If you decide to take your show on the road perhaps you should call yourselves Kathryn and the Graveyard Rabbits!