California Genealogical Society: Blog

Recent Posts

27 November 2008

Happy Thanksgiving


Julie Cahill Tarr at GenBlog by Julie started a Thanksgiving meme with the challenge to blog two things for which we are thankful.

That's an easy one for me.

1. I'm thankful for all of the generous volunteers who are the California Genealogical Society and Library. You are all THE BEST.

2. I'm thankful that tomorrow is the first blogiversary of the CGSL blog. I can't believe it's been a year since we started this experiment.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!


2 comments:

Thomas MacEntee said...

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Blogiversary! I can't believe it has been a year already.

You've made great contributions to the genea-blogger community and I look forward to many more posts from you and CGS!

Mary Beth Frederick said...

Congratulations to Kathryn and everyone else who's made the blog possible and so great to read!

I'll add two genealogy items I'm thankful for:

1) The Society's French-Canadian SIG which gave me the impetus to keep researching my roots; this year I finally found my first ancestor in Canada: Abraham Martin who arrived ca. 1620.

2) Finding the first bona fide criminal in my family tree. I've long envied those with less-than-stellar forebears. My felonious find was the brother of my mother's cousin's husband. He not only served substantial time in prison but broke out once and made several other attempts. Incorrigible!