California Genealogical Society: Blog

Recent Posts

25 August 2008

Today Show Looks Back: Discovering Their Roots

Sometimes there's an advantage being three hours behind the East Coast. This morning as I reviewed feed from the genealogy blogs, I read Maureen Taylor's post Today Show News about how she missed hearing and seeing the acknowledgment she received on the show. I was able to turn on the television in time for the broadcast's second hour and see the 13-minute segment on host Meredith Vieira's Azorian roots and her trip this summer to learn about her family.

The segment was the first of a week-long series "Today Looks Back: Discovering Our Roots." Tomorrow's piece is a look at Matt Lauer's ancestry. Later this week Al Roker will visit the Bahamas to learn about his family and Ann Curry will look at her Japanese roots.

You can view today's piece in its entirety on the Today Show Web site: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/26389261#26389261.

3 comments:

Shirley T. said...

Thanks for the link! I feared I'd missed Matt's and Al's family history stories on the Today Show when I had to leave early those mornings. I did enjoy seing both

Kathryn Doyle said...

Shirley,

I hope you will take the time to watch Ann Curry's as well. It is quite close to my own family story. It looks like there will be something on Friday about how to trace one's own genealogy. I even noticed that they are running an ancestry.com commercial.

Unknown said...

This has been a great story.

Phil
Family History, Maps and Family Trees
Family Genealogy
Your place for Family Genealogy, Maps and Family History