California Genealogical Society: Blog

Recent Posts

26 July 2008

Picked By One of the Best

Each week several genealogy bloggers select their favorite posts from the blogosphere and link to them. It is a great way to support the genea-blogging community and is a helpful resource for readers to find new blogs and catch good reads.

The California Genealogical Society and Library blog was picked by Randy Seaver at Genea-Musings two times in the last month. His Best of the Genea-Blogs - June 22-28, 2008 featured Finding Cousins in the Library and Best of the Genea-Blogs - July 13-19, 2008 included In Case You Missed "A Day of Irish Information."

I met Randy and his lovely wife, Linda, at the Southern California Genealogical Society Jamboree in Burbank last month. Randy is a retired aerospace engineer who easily takes the prize as the most prolific genea-blogger. Besides posting several times a day to his blogs (he authors four!), Randy is also the president of the Chula Vista Genealogical Society.

Randy always prefaces his picks with this:

Several hundred genealogy and family history bloggers write thousands of posts every week about their research, their families, and their interests. I appreciate each one of them and their efforts.

My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don't list posts destined for the Carnival of Genealogy, or other meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.

Thanks, Randy, for the honor!

1 comments:

Randy Seaver said...

Kathryn,

You write them up and do all the work, I just like the posts and write them up! I have the easy job.

Keep up the good work...and I'll keep linking to them. I hope you get some hits out of it.

Thanks for the links, too!

Cheers -- Randy